TMI Tuesday this week isn’t really that exciting. They’re a little small-talky rather than TMIesque. And editing these things on my phone really sucks.
1. Autumn or fall. Which do you say?
2. Pumpkin Spice. Love it or hate it?
Hate it. I like things to be what they are, and adding the pumpkin spice mocha shot blast to things taints them in ways I don’t enjoy.
3. Apples. Seasonal treat or eat them all year?
I eat them all year. My favorites are probably the Pink Lady or the Pacific Rose.
4. Where you live, do tree leaves change color in fall?
5. In autumn truffles are popular in Italy, seafood is popular in Ireland, crayfish popular in Stockholm. What is a popular autumn food where you live?
Popular where I live, I’m not entirely sure. I’m dietarily restricted, so I’ve lost touch with whatever seasonal foods are “in.” What I really look forward to in fall are squashes and soups.
My primary cohabiting girlfriend makes a really awesome autumn root soup with squash and rutabaga and turnips. It’s fantastic. And we make a bolognese sauce and have it with spaghetti squash. These are some of my favorites.
6. Scientists observed that the further a country is away from the equator, the more its residents are affected by the seasons. How do you feel in autumn/fall? Depressed, rejuvenated or some other emotion?
Depressed. Motorcycle season is winding down. It starts to get dark before I leave work. I have SADS as well as a major/clinical depression and this is when it starts to get even worse.
7. Strolls amid fall foliage are:
b. allergy inducing
e. prime-time to “rustle the leaves” (if you know what I mean *wink, wink*)
A and E. Although remember that if you’re doing E, check each other for ticks when you get home. We go for a walk almost every day, and it’s nice when the air is a little crisp and the leaves change.
8. What is your favorite autumn holiday, celebration or activity?
When the pumpkin farm opens, I love going with my daughter. They have a petting zoo and giraffes you can feed and a big corn maze that isn’t actually that hard, but it’s fun. Last year, we got a picture of all of us petting and feeding a baby tiger. It’s probably not good to exploit the baby tigers like that, but it’s a good picture.
Bonus: Do you go apple picking in autumn? Ever made out in an apple orchard?
No, I try to avoid apple picking. I don’t think it’s that much fun and I am happy to pay for apples that are picked by other people. But, yes, I have made out in an apple orchard.
As always you can check out more TMI goodness on the TMI site (https://tmituesdayblog.wordpress.com/).